Please Note! This is a translation of the valid regulations and is meant only to help in the orientation and understanding of those, for whom German is not a first language. Only the regulations in the original German version apply. There is no guarantee for the correctness and completeness of any translated information.
01. The Rechercheförderung is aimed at nationally noteworthy independent performing artists as well as curators working in the independent performing arts. The scholarship-like support promotes open-resulted artistic research and conceptual development of artistic projects, as well as projects that serve artistic further education and qualification. The scholarship-like grant aims at further artistic development in the current situation. Projects can come from all areas of the performing arts and must be documented in the form of a factual report.
02. The grant of 7.500 € will be awarded for a period of three consecutive months.
03. Applicants must be able to prove that they have been continuously involved in significant artistic or curatorial positions in publicly funded performing arts projects over the last three years, or alternatively, that they have been involved in international guest performances or productions in their own artistic work.
04. Natural persons applying must have their residence and main focus of work in the Federal Republic of Germany. Projects must be realized in Germany. Artistically justified deviations from this provision must be described in the application.
05. Applications are to be submitted
- in the first application round by 10.10.2021
- in the second application round by 01.02.2022
- in the third application round by 01.06.2022
- in the fourth application round by 11.09.2022
- and in the fifth application round by 15.01.2023
by 23:59 in each case.
06. Applications must be submitted using the appropriate online form at https://onlineantrag.fonds-dak.... A complete application shall also include
(a) a two-page detailed introduction of the person and previous artistic and/or curatorial activities
(b) a two-page description of all essential aspects of the research project
(c) internet links for presentation of relevant work
(d) proof of insurance through the “Künstlersozialkasse” (KSK) for 2022
a list of earnings from artistic or curatorial activities within the independent performing arts scene from at least three years within the period from 2019 to 2022. 2-3 of these earnings are to be proven by exemplary, informative invoices or fee contracts with corresponding proof of receipt of payment)
as well as proof
(e) of (at least one) publicly funded production or event within the time period from 2019 to 2022 (in the form of a grant notification, program publication with funder logo, or equivalent proof) or of receipt of a #TakeCare or #TakeCare Residency grant from the Fonds Darstellende Künste
(at least one) interstate or international guest performance in the time period from 2019 to 2022 (in the form of a guest performance contract or guest performance invoice, in each case including proof of receipt of payment) from the independent performing arts.
07. There is no entitlement to the grant.
08. Payments are made after the conclusion of a project funding agreement. The monthly digital call for funds is to be made by the funding recipients. Payments of € 2,500 per month will be made in three consecutive months within a calendar year during the project period.
09. A project bank account in Germany must be used or set up in order to receive the funding. Otherwise, funding cannot be ensured.
10. In the case of a grant, the project must be completed in three consecutive months in the period up to
31.05.2022 (application deadline: 10.10.2021)
30.09.2022 (application deadline: 01.02.2022)
31.12.2022 (application deadline: 01.06.2022)
30.04.2023 (application deadline: 11.09.2022)
30.06.2023 (application deadline: 15.01.2023)
and completed with a fully submitted proof of use.
13. Funding is precluded if the research project has already begun before the funding commitment.
14. A funding application for a project may only be made once and to a single funding program of the Fonds Darstellende Künste; parallel applications are not permitted. Applicants may submit only one project per funding round.
15. A project or application that has been previously submitted and rejected may not be re-submitted.
16. A project may not already be funded by another grant of the NEUSTART KULTUR program.
17. Those who have already received a Rechercheförderung within the framework of #TakeHeart in the year of application (with reference to the date of the application deadline) are excluded from submitting an application.
18. Those who have already received a Residenzförderung within the framework of #TakeHeart in the same year of application (with reference to the date of grant notice), who receive a residency grant in the research period applied for, or who are applying for a residency grant at the same time are excluded from submitting an application.
These regulations are valid from August 01, 2022 and are based on the valid German regulations and overall funding principles of the BKM, the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media, for the program NEUSTART KULTUR: #TakeHeart - Planning security and further development in the nationwide independent performing arts. Subject to change without notice.
Berlin, November 01, 2022
Fonds Darstellende Künste e.V.
Board of Directors and Management